5 Reasons Why the Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana is a Great Vacation for the Entire Family
1. The rooms: The rooms at the Nickelodeon Resort were designed for families.Even the entry level rooms (“Pad Suites” are spacious with plenty of room to unpack and spread out. The bathrooms feature dual sink vanities, a large walk in shower and a separate tub. Adults and children alike are pampered with robes and a large balcony is perfect for relaxing with included room service. If you want more privacy, opt for the Flat Suite which features a separate master bedroom. For even more fun, book a swim up suite so you can jump right into the refreshing pool anytime! And for the ultimate splurge, book a Villa with a private pool. You can even stay in the iconic Pineapple Villa sometimes inhabited by SpongeBob himself.
2. The Food! I am happy to report that the food quality and service has greatly improved since my last visit. Sugarcane is Nickelodeon’s vast food display restaurant. You might think of it as a buffet but Karisma Resorts (which operates Nickelodeon as well as Azul, El Dorado, Sensatori, and Generations resorts in the Dominican Republic and Mexico) prides itself on freshly prepared and made to order items, definitely not your typical buffet. Breakfast is an endless affair and dinner themes change nightly. Be sure to walk around the restaurant and check out all corners and stations to plan your meals.
Full service dining options also impress. The Pan Asian offerings at Wok Wok far exceeded my expectations with fresh sushi, flavorful curries full of fresh veggies, and so much more. (Wok Wok gets the most improved award compared to my first visit in late 2016!) Be sure to save room for dessert at Verdello Sicilian Kitchen- the tiramisu was fantastic! And if the famous Machete Burger (big enough to feed your entire family) is not your thing, BRGRS.PH has a variety of interesting combinations including “Steak and Eggs,” chicken burgers and veggie options.
3. The Beverages! This is an all inclusive resort after all so the wide array of beverage options deserve their own section. There are endless offerings of wine, beer and cocktails as well as refreshing fresh squeezed juices, and coffees. At Sugarcane, skip the coffee offered by your server in favor of the espresso/ cappuccino machine served alongside a range of flavorings and liquors. Create your own tea with a whole display of loose leaves. Or stop by Doppio to grab a coffee or tea prepared by the baristas (yes it’s included!). If parents prefer, there are plenty of packaged juice options for kids as well. In the evening, you will find pop up bars such as a tequila station or craft cocktails offered on the outdoor plaza while you enjoy live music and cool Dominican breezes.
4. The Spa! Do yourself a favor and spend some time in the Vassa Spa. The Ritual Water Journey was an incredible experience and a great value at only $45. It included time in the sauna and steam room followed by time in the Sensory Pool. My spa butler, José, guided me through the various stations including the ice-cold plunge pool and then served tea while I relaxed with gentle breezes and the sounds of birds chirping. The full service spa offers a range of beauty, body and facial treatments. Once again, Nickelodeon includes children in the indulgence with fun options like a Chocolate Manicure or a Turtle Massage. Young adults have special options too.
5. The Fun! The Nickelodeon Resort is an upscale resort and does a great job of balancing Nick theming with quiet luxury. Head over to Nick Place (it’s a quick golf cart ride or a pleasant stroll) where you will find the colorful waterpark, character greets and the Kids Club. (Parents, be prepared to walk through a shop stocked with Nickelodeon toys as you enter Nick Place.)
Thank you to Karisma Resorts for hosting me on this vacation. My opinions are my own, and I am excited to recommend the Nickelodeon Resort to my clients.